This series of exercise progression focuses on increasing our athlete’s maximum velocity output otherwise known as top-end speed. Simply put, this is the fastest you can run! With these techniques we are trying to increase our athlete’s output and increase their ability to maintain it.
Some key points to each of these exercises are:
- Increasing stride length
- Increasing stride frequency
- Increasing hip flexion strength to drive knees up
- Maintaining upright posture throughout
Check out the exercises below in the attached video. Look for these exercises in our summer program!
- Hands on hips wicket runs
- PVC overhead wicket runs
- Wicket runs with increased hurdle distance
- Flying 20 yard sprints
New athletes can schedule a free consultation by clicking the button below!